Unique, diverse, and beautiful, the Opal Gemstone is a white semi-precious stone that is distinctly recognized by its otherworldly holographic sheen that exhibits a play of colour.
Fun fact: 95% of the world’s Opal gemstones come from Australia.
The name ‘Opal’ is said to be derived from the Sanskrit word Upala which means ‘jewel.’ Historical accounts of this gorgeous stone date back almost 10,000 years!
According to Vedic Astrology, Opal is ruled and strengthened by the planet Venus. It is commonly known to be the birthstone of the October-born. It is known to possess the virtues of all the gemstones on the spectrum of colours that it displays.
- The Opal gemstone is particularly favourable for the Taurus (Vrish) and Libra (Tula) zodiac signs. It bestows beauty, confidence, good health, opulence, and love on the wearer.
- The planet Venus symbolizes the desire of human beings. This makes Opal a great stone that attracts and helps attain satisfaction and concord in relationships.
- The patrons of art and individuals who are employed in music, acting, painting, dance, and other fields in performing arts receive immense benefits from this stone.
- The Opal Gemstone is usually worn when Venus is in the first, second, seventh, ninth, or tenth house in someone’s birth chart; as stated in Vedic Astrology. The planet of Venus clashes with the following celestial bodies: The Sun, The Moon, and Jupiter.
- This is why the Opal Gemstone should not be worn with Ruby, Pearl, or Topaz gemstones.
- This stone is highly recommended for those with Mahadasha or Antardasha of Venus (Shukra) in their Kundli, so they may benefit from the plethora of effects the Opal gemstone has to offer.
How to Wear Opal Stone
Like every gemstone, it is important to make sure that you buy an authentic natural gemstone that is free from treatments that hinder the powers of the stone, the same goes for the Opal gemstone.
To reap the full benefits of wearing the Opal Stone one can follow the following:
Procedure to Wear the Opal Stone
- The Opal stone should be worn on your index or ring finger of the working hand (usually right). It is imperative that it must be worn on a Friday before noon on the night of the Shukal Paksh (Waning Moon) of any month.
- To activate the power of the Opal stone-studded ring, one should purify it with raw milk and Gangajal before it is worn by the wearer. A white cloth should be put over the ring and chant Om Dram Drin Drausa: Shukraya Namah 108 times before wearing it.
Is Opal Favourable to Your Ascendant?
One of the main reasons why people seek to wear the Opal stone is because it improves financial conditions and strengthens marital relationships. It also increases the chances of fertility.
Know whether the Opal stone is suited to your zodiac:
- Aries ascendant – No
- Taurus ascendant – No
- Gemini ascendant – Yes
- Cancer ascendant – No
- Leo ascendant – No
- Virgo ascendant – Yes
- Libra ascendant – No
- Scorpio ascendant – No
- Sagittarius ascendant – No
- Capricorn ascendant – Yes
- Aquarius ascendant – Yes
- Pisces ascendant – No
For many signs, the Opal stone may not be the right fit. They may require a different stone that can help them bring change in their lives. For Gemini, Virgo, Capricorn, and Aquarius ascendants it is important to seek astrological guidance before purchasing an Opal stone.
Read Our Related Blog: