Navratna - (नवरत्न)
Embodying the energies of nine astrological planets, Navratna/नवरत्न is a union of nine precious gemstones. They are namely Yellow Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, Ruby, Red Coral, Diamond, Hessonite, Emerald, Pearl, and Cat’s eye which are worn in one piece jewellery. Astrologically it is advised to help the wearer to block all the negative energies in their lives. To promote economic prosperity, professional growth and great health, this sacred combination is highly recommended in Vedic astrology.
Who Should Wear Navratna?
The best part about this gemstone is that people with no proper birth information can also wear Navratna stone for desired results. This sacred nine gems combination is highly recommended to people with an overall weak horoscope. Moreover, it can be worn by anyone after a basic consultation as it comes with no astrological restrictions based on zodiac and birth-chart.
Procedure of Wearing a Navratna:-
Time & Day:- During sunrise hours on Sundays and any Pushya Nakshtra (for specific query regarding time, please feel free to contact us).
Metal:- Silver, Gold, Panchdhaatu or Asthadhaatu.
Weight & Size:- Minimum 5 cent of each stone.
How to Wear:- It is strongly recommended to wear the Pendant/ Bracelet / Ring on the Anamika (Ring Finger). All nine gems should be bright in colour, and 100% natural.
After the ring, pendant or bracelet is prepared, the procedure to wear it should be followed as below:-
Place the ring in a metal bowl. Add gangaajal, raw cow milk, honey, tulsi leaves and ghee. Recite “ॐ ब्रह्मा मुरारि त्रिपुरान्तकारी भानुः शशि भूमिसुतो बुधश्च । गुरुश्च शुक्रः शनिराहुकेतवः सर्वे ग्रहा शान्ति करा भवन्तु ||" Aum Brahma Murari Tripurantkari Bhanuh Shashih Bhumi Suto Budhasch Gurushch Shukrah Shani Rahu Ketuveh Sarve Graha Shanti Karabhavantu (9 times) and immediately remove the jewellery article, clean it with water and wear it.
Benefits of Navratna:-
According to Vedic Astrology, Navratna helps in the better functionality of the Seven Chakras system in the human body.
- Blocks Negative Thoughts and Energy
- Helps with Economic and Wealth Aspect
- New Opportunities Career Wise
- Brings Mental Peace and Harmony
- Improves Health and Overcome Fatigue & illness
Price of Navratna:-
Navgraha stones price depends on factors like clarity, colour, cut, size and treatment (if undergone). While purchasing Navratna, please make sure that it contains real diamond or natural white zircon, instead of cheap cubic zircon which is a common practice by which some people take advantage of unaware customers.
- Cut:- The cut of gemstones should such that it maximises the light reflections and enhances the lustre. To assure that the Gemstones draw premium grade, they need to be well-shaped and skillfully faceted. Unseemly cuts and rough shape reduces the market value of a Navgraha gemstone.
- Colour:- Brighter the colour, higher will be the price of the gemstone. And so avoid buying pale coloured stones as they are not considered suitable for astrological purposes and are thus available for low prices.
- Clarity:- Transparent and impurity-free variety of gemstones are considered more precious. Low-quality Navratna gems contain low transparency and high impurities.
- Size:- Navratna gemstones are usually small in size and measured in mm. So an increase in size greatly affects the price of Navratna while making sure the clarity and quality are not compromised.
- Treatment:- Navratna value diminishes if the stones are heated or enhanced. Therefore, it should be made sure that all nine gemstones are 100% natural and treatment-free.
Quality of Navratna:-
It is not easy to find the best quality Navratna in desirable size which also fits your budget. Origin is not considered a vital factor as each component of a Navratna is resourced from a different location, unlike other gemstones. Still for astrological reasons other significant factors like Clarity and Color need be taken in consideration while purchasing Navratna.
- Cut:- For desired results, prefer going for a gemstone which is precisely cut according to the prescribed rules of Gemstone cutting science.
- Colour:- As the thumb rule goes, brighter the colour of the gemstone, more precious and astrologically active will be the gemstone. The quality of nine gems is examined by intensity, overall distribution, and richness of colour. Astrologers believe that all the nine Navratan gems should be rich deep in colour and completely free from any tint for best astrological results.
- Clarity:- Clarity depends on the quantity and quality of noticeable inclusions, black spots or other stains. According to astrology, all nine stones should be impeccable to the naked eyes. Still, the presence of minor impurities is sometimes acceptable. But stones with solid eye-visible inclusions and poor clarity should be avoided secretly.
Click on any image below to enlarge
1. How to Wear a Navaratna Article?
Ideally, one should follow the Vedic rituals and recite the sacred mantra for 9 times before wearing the Navratna Ring/ Pendant/ Bracelet. According to astrology, the ideal time to wear the ring is during sunrise on a Sundays or any Pushya Nakshtra. Although please make sure that all nine gemstones of the ring are unheated, untreated and 100% natural for desired results.
2. Who Can Wear Navaratna Article?
Anyone can wear Navratna jewellery. Astrologically, wearing Navratna helps people who have a weak horoscope. Even people who are uncertain about their birth details can wear Navratna.
3. Will it be Safe to Wear Navratna Gemstone in Combination with Other Gemstones?
Yes! Navratna or nine gems can be worn in combination with other gemstones. Because the size of each gem in Navratna is very small so it doesn’t have a very notable impact on the wearer. Astrologically it is recommended that one should wear a primary gemstone in higher carat weight along with the Navratna for best results.
4. Astrologically Which Size and Shape of Navratna Gems are Considered Best?
One should always wear natural, bright coloured Navratna stones with no visible impurities as per Vedic norms. Also, it is advised to wear Navratna stones in somewhat bigger sizes to assure that they are in constant contact with the skin, which ensures that the planetary energies are passed through the body. At MyRatna, you can find the Navratna of your desired shape and size.
5. What are the Astrological Benefits of Navratna?
Since centuries Navratna has always been popular in the jewellery segment, but its spiritual significance was never less. People from all sorts of religion such as Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism and Buddhism have entrusted their faith in Navratnas for bringing the desired changes and results in their life.
- According to Astrology the positive energies of these nine holy gemstones combined can be really helpful to an individual in overcoming all sorts of business setbacks and career-related challenges. People facing prolong career instability and professional stagnancy are often recommended to wear Navratna gemstone.
- Astrologers also believe that that Navratna can benefit people who are facing a lack of positivity in their personal and professional lives. Wearing Navratna stones helps in removing negative thoughts, balance karmas and raise peace and prosperity in life.
- Wearing Navratna benefits people suffering from anxiety, chronic diseases, and physical distress because of its healing energies. It incites strength to enable quick recovery from existing illness as well as shields from various other ailments.