Can I wear Yellow Sapphire?
The most powerful gemstones of the king of all planets, Jupiter, representing wisdom, suits the astrological sign ruled by Jupiter, The Sagittarius (Dhanu rashi). Generally, Yellow Sapphire can be worn by any person to escalate business, job profile, success & much more. Vedic astrology’s detailed analysis as per horoscope ascendance and birth chart are available here.
Procedure to Wear Yellow Sapphire/Pukhraj?
Day-Time:- Yellow Sapphire should be worn only and only on the index finger of the working hand and it should be done only on Thursday at 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM and 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
Metal:- Gold should be the first choice of metal which should be used for a Yellow Sapphire ring or pendant. Silver with gold cape can also be considered. Panchdhatu / Ashthdhatu can also be used if gold is out of economic constraints.
Weight:- Ideally, minimum weight of Pukhraj which should be worn is calculated according to your body weight. (15 – 18 kgs of body weight denotes 1 carat)
How to Wear:- After the ring or pendant is prepared in gold or panchdhatu, the procedure to wear it should be followed as below:-
The Yellow Sapphire you own and are going to wear should have been gone through the Pran Pratishtha before sending to you and it includes East, North and North East facing Matt placed on an auspicious day and nakshatra for performing pooja. Place the ring in a metal bowl. Add gangaajal, raw cow milk, honey, tulsi leaves and ghee. Recite “Om Gram Greem Groom Saha Gurvey Namah” (ॐ ग्रां ग्रीं ग्रौं सः गुरुवे नमः) OR “Om Brim Brihaspataye Namah” (ॐ बृं बृहस्पतये नमः), immediately remove the ring, clean it with water and wear it on the working hand index finger.
Yellow Sapphire Benefits:-
- Financial Status
- Social Status
- Love/Marital Life
- Help in Litigations
What will I gain by wearing Yellow Sapphire?
Seamless happiness, laughter, success and good luck in life are the main benefits of a Yellow sapphire wearer. As Pukhraj is symbolic to guru (planet Jupiter) it gives immense growth in educational sector like students, teachers, scholars etc. For higher education and specialization courses, Pukhraj creates auspicious timings which help in removing obstacles to the success. It also helps in curing obesity related issues and liver alignments. Pukhraj ratna helps women in conceiving and helping childless couples. Yellow Sapphire/Pukhraj is purely beneficial for top level management and administrative jobs. For details Click Here.
Price of Yellow Sapphire (per carat / per ratti)
- Yellow sapphire price per carat depends upon Weight (carats/ratti), Treatments and Quality (Cut, Clarity and Color).
- Natural Yellow Sapphire gemstone price in India is between rupees 1,000 per carat to rupees 20,000 per carat and above.
- For Astrological benefits, the quality is dependent mainly upon the clarity of the gemstone and only a little bit on the color / cut.
- While it is absolutely normal and acceptable, as per the current industry standards, to have some minor inclusions present in a natural gemstone. However, if these inclusions affect the clarity of the crystal then the astrological influence of the gemstone as well as the price gets reduced dramatically.
- Yellow Sapphire stone price per carat can be converted into Pukhraj stone price per Ratti by multiplying it by 0.9 (so, Rs 10,000/ct = Rs 9,000/ratti).
Yellow Sapphire Quality:-
Mainly three things (3C’s) are considered while deciding quality of astrological Yellow Sapphire namely Cut Colour and Clarity.
- Cut:- Cut is normally misunderstood as the shape of the gemstone, but it actually refers to the faces on the gemstones surface. These cuts allow the light and colour to pass through and shine to the fullest.
- Colour:- Yellow Sapphire comes in range of greenish Yellow and orange Yellow colour. The best chosen colour for a perfect Astrological Yellow Sapphire is deep golden Yellow without any traces of orange in it.
- Clarity:- “Eye Clean” Yellow Sapphire are considered as a good choice which means the gemstone is completely clear to the naked eye. Natural gemstone can't be free of inclusions which mean crystal & feathers are typically discovered in Yellow Sapphire. Only man made synthetic stones are flawless.
Yellow Sapphire Stone Product Specifications
Yellow Sapphire commonly known as Pukhraj is basically a corundum mineral species gemstone which comes in different colours such as Yellow, blue, red, purple, orange, and green. Colour variety in corundum is basically due to the presence of elements such as iron, titanium, chromium, copper or magnesium.
Yellow Sapphire Product Properties:-
Content:- Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3) .
Crystal System and Class:- tri-gonal, hexagonal scalenohedral.
Crystal Habit:- massive and granular.
Hardness:- 9 on Moh’s scale
Specific Gravity:- 3.94 - 4.0 3
Refractive Index:- 1.768 - 1.772
Origin:- Srilanka, Thailand, Burma, Afghanistan, Australia, Cambodia, China, Columbia, India, Kenya, Nepal and Vietnam.
Click on any image below to enlarge
1. Best Place to Buy Yellow Sapphire?
Main points you should consider to finalize buying place.
Organization should have larger presence across the market. Small dealers will prefer to fool you by selling treated or synthetic Yellow Sapphire at the price of a genuine one. Larger organizations care about the brand and avoid unethical practices.
Lab certification:- Ensure that the certificate provided with the gemstone is from a government certified lab. The organization should also provide a certificate of a reputed lab of your choice (if required).
Catalogues:- Do check the catalogues available online on different websites to buy Yellow Sapphire.
Refund policy:- Read the refund policy (if any) carefully. Every authentic astrological gemstone purchase should have a refund policy.
Please visit www.myratna.com for more.
2. Best Yellow Sapphire Origin for Astrological Purposes?
Commercial mining locations of Sapphire include Sri Lanka, Thailand, Burma, Afghanistan, Australia, Cambodia, China, Columbia, India, Kenya, Nepal and Vietnam. Currently Ceylon Sri Lanka originated Sapphire are considered as best astrological Pukhraj and they are called Ceylonese Yellow Sapphire, but due to market expectancy the price of Srilankan Pukhraj has gone up substantially and thus the Thailand Sapphire, which are next to Ceylon Pukhraj in colour tone quality and price, are widely accepted and considered astrologically and look wise Pukhraj substitute. While Buying Yellow Sapphire Online, make sure to get a lab report stating the origin and treatment (if any) of the gemstone as the gemstone shouldn’t get any treatment beyond slight heating of first degree, as severe treatments including dying and glass filling alters the basic astrological properties of Yellow Sapphire.
3. Which Yellow Sapphire Gemstone Should I Buy?
- Ideally, minimum weight of Pukhraj which should be worn is calculated according to your body weight. (15 – 18 kgs of body weight denotes 1 carat).
- Preferably it should be of high clarity with mid to deep yellow in color.
- It shouldn't be chemically treated.
- Ceylonese Yellow Sapphire & Burma Yellow Sapphire are considered to be the best Yellow Sapphire for Astrological purposes.
4. What is the Substitute for Yellow Sapphire?
Any gemstone which is used as a substitute of Yellow Sapphire is never as astrologically effective as a Yellow Sapphire. Yellow Topaz / Citrine (Sunela) Gemstones
are widely used as a substitute for Yellow Sapphire gemstone
5. What should I look before owning Yellow Sapphire?
Points you should consider before buying Yellow Sapphire
- In rare cases a clear and transparent stone can be real, even the top quality Yellow Sapphire will have inclusions although it will be very less. If a stone is flawless, then it is synthetic.
- Certificate of originality by a government lab or government certified lab.
- Complex shape with crispy edges: Yellow Sapphire stands 9 on hardness scale holding third position after Diamond and Moissanite. If the gemstone is more than one carat then it can't have smooth edges.
- Scratches on surfaces: As Yellow Sapphire is 9 on hardness scale it can't be scratched with any other object. Should be clear any scratches you can check the purity by rubbing it on a hard surface.
- X cut or scissors cut or ridges on facets: If you see an x mark at the base of gemstone it is not real. Synthetic stones may also have grooves on facets.
- Weight, clarity and colour. Ideally Pukhraj should’ve 1/12th of your body weight in carat. Preferably of high clarity with mid to deep Yellow in colour. It shouldn't be chemically or heat treated.