Tiger’s eye, a derivative of silicon carbide crystal, is a healing gemstone which comes in red or dark yellow color. It is an astrological substitute for ruby, which can be worn by anyone as it has no ill effects.
Tiger’s eye is a gemstone which is highly effective for Virgo sun sign. As Tigers Eye does not produce any side effects, it can be worn by anyone. However, if you are using Tigers Eye as a substitute for Ruby Gemstone, you should consult an astrologer before doing so. Vedic Astrology's detailed analysis as per horoscope ascendance and birth chart are available here: +91-9784933600
Re-Charge your Tiger's eye with natural elements: Many of us wear rings and pendants with gemstones but not everyone gets the result out of them or sometimes the undesired. So, we like to share some tips to recharge your gemstones likely to keep on getting the positive results out of the gemstones for longer time.
NOTE: Take a glass bowl -> add Holy Water and rock salt ->dip Tiger's eye in it -> keep the glass bowl in front of the idol of Lord Ganpati for whole night ->On morning wash the stone and wear it again ->Follow the ritual every month.
Day-Time :- Tiger’s eye should be worn only on the ring finger of the working hand (right hand for right-handed people and left hand for left-handed people), and it should be done on Sunday at 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Tiger’s eye jewellery generates a flow of energy. It should be worn only for few days or tell the healing is attained. After that, the gemstone should be kept under running water to discharge it and then kept in broad sunlight for 4 to 5 hours to recharge it. Then only it should be worn again.
Metal :- Silver should be the first choice for a Tiger’s eye ring, pendant or bracelet. Panchdhatu and ashtadhatu can also be used, but it should be avoided.
Weight :- Ideally, minimum weight of Tiger’s Eye which should be worn is calculated according to your body weight. (15 – 18 kgs of body weight denotes 2 carat)
Relax, if you cannot do the Pran pratishtha procedure of the gemstone by yourself, we at MyRatna will do it for you according to the genuine Vedic Scriptures at no cost.
To revitalize the gemstone dip it in salty water for 1 hour in every three months and again wear according to the above mentioned time.
First and foremost benefit of wearing tiger's eye is improved health as it helps, its wearer, improve self-dignity, spiritual values, patience, tolerance, and self-esteem. It also increases inner courage and self-esteem.
Medically, Tiger’s eye heels skin disorders and wounds related to bone tissue, especially bronchial alignments. Tiger’s eye is highly recommended for people suffering from headache, asthma, and migraines. Tiger’s eye is a good helper in reducing depression and generating mental confidence.
NOTE : Prices may vary according to the scope of availability of the rough in nature and market as well as Government Policies.
Mainly three things are considered while deciding quality of astrological Tiger’s eye, namely cut, color and clarity. The gemstone should have smooth surface with no spots or inclusions. Color of gemstone should be uniform with purity. For astrological purposes cut and shape of Tiger’s eye is not considered. Only neatly polished and round surface are considered for ornamental use.
According to the latest technological advancement the Science of Symmetry is followed by MyRatna to harness all the natural benefits of the gemstone.
Tiger's Eye Stone Product Specifications :-
Tiger's eye is basically a Quartz mineral species gemstone which comes in colours such as Yellow, golden-brown, multicolored.
Tiger's Eye Product Properties :-
Chemical composition :- SiO2(Silicon dioxide).
Crystal System :- Trigonal.
Crystal Habit :- Aggregate - fibrous.
Cause of colour :- Due to iron of different valency.
Hardness :- 7 on Mohs scale.
Specific Gravity :- 2.65.
Refractive Index :- 1.553-1.544.
Inclusions :- Fibres of asbestos.
Origin :- India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Brazil.
Click on any image below to enlarge
Know Your Gemstone
" Tiger’s Eye "
Tiger's eye (also called tiger eye) is a chatoyant gemstone that is usually a metamorphic rock with a golden to red-brown colour and a silky lustre with lovely bands of yellow-golden color through it. Tiger Eye belongs to Quartz family and is associated with planet Mars and the Sun .
It is one of the most desired gemstones which foster various astrological and purposeful benefits. This is the stone that ignites the inner flame in humans to make them brim with boldness, brightness, and extreme patience. The largest numbers of Tiger Eye Stones are found in South Africa, but it also comes from Brazil, India, Burma, Western Australia and USA
ATTRIBUTES, BENEFITS and FUN FACTS
· Tiger eye gemstone is given on 9th wedding anniversary
· Tiger’s eye is usually as cabochons, but also as small spheres, diverse prisms (some with rounded edges), faceted forms, small carvings (scarabs, cameos, intaglios, etc.), and even tumbled chips. They also have been carved and fashioned into articles such as boxes, cane heads, eggs, hearts, obelisks, pyramids, snuff bottles, spheres and diverse figures. In addition, especially in the past, they were also used as eyes -- i.e., set into the eye sockets -- of carvings fashioned from other gemrocks, shell and wood.
· The Tiger's Eye crystal works by keeping your mind razor focused on your true passions in life, whether its business related, creative pursuits, or something else entirely. With this drive for success, you will find yourself able to overcome any mental obstacles or roadblocks in your way.
· Astrologers also suggest this stone for children who have problems like lack of concentration, insomnia, or impatience. It is also advantageous to wear Tiger Eye for individuals who are quite stressed out in their life.
· The Tiger's Eye crystal helps to transform toxic feelings into courage and self-confidence. It helps you shift your perspective so you can see the way forward, even in times of fear.
“If you start doubting yourself, draw on the powerful and stabilizing energy of the Tiger's Eye crystal meaning by programming it with an intention involving passion, courage, and determination. Then, hold it in your hand and imagine its pure light flowing through your solar plexus chakra.”
· Tiger's Eye crystal, which has a stabilizing energy that helps to slow down the release of stress hormones.
· This is one of natural healing crystals for you to use to balance the brain, so it may be of benefit to help those who are suffering from mental disease or with personality disorders.
· Roman soldiers wore tiger's-eye for protection in battle. Tiger Eye was thought to be all seeing due to its appearance.
· Its energy will enable you to take the action needed to be more practical, and put this into practice within your life.
“The Tiger’s Eye gemstone is powerful to manifest an increase of money. It is one of the golden stones, so it is excellent to manifest those things that you desire into your world.”
· This is a stone that helps us to be more active, mentally as well as physically
· Tiger eye meaning is connected to the "flash" that one can see when a tiger eye gemstone is tilted in the right direction. This flash was believed to be similar to the flash one sees in a tiger's eye when prey catches the big cat's attention. Because of this, the golden-brown quartz was believed to impart the unwavering focus and determination of a tiger, which are a large part of tiger eye meaning.
· Golden brown tiger's eye is said to help convert anxiety and fear into practical logic and action. It is also believed to promote balance and strength in difficult times, and to relieve doubt.
· It teaches balance between extremes, moving one out of the world of duality - right and wrong, good and bad, dark and light - and provides an understanding of the underlying unity behind apparent opposites.
“Keep Tiger’s Eye as a stone of luck and good fortune to attract a steady flow of money to the home. It is ideal for entrepreneurs and those setting out in business for the first time; also for those building up skills and a knowledge base for major career changes in the future. [Eason, 107]’
· Tiger’s Eye sharpens the senses, helping one pay attention to details and prepare for positive action.
· It reduces cravings for the wrong kind of foods and helps decrease the need for binges, excessive cigarettes, prescription drugs or alcohol. It also reduces anxiety caused by feelings of isolation or inadequacy
Tiger's Eye Physical Healing Energy
· Tiger’s Eye is a blood fortifier, increasing vitality and strength, and restoring balance to the body on all levels.
· It is thought to boost the endocrine system, bringing one’s hormones and biochemistry back to level, and placed on the reproductive organs, may stimulate fertility and resolve issues arising from past experiences.
· Tiger’s Eye placed on either side of the head energetically rebalances the brain’s hemispheres, and as this stone holds energy of the sun, may relieve seasonal affective disorder and depression.
· It is effective for alleviating nightmares, and is reputed to relieve asthma attacks and angina, and help lower blood pressure. [Ahsian, 399][Melody, 647][Hall, 289][Hall 101, 204][Eason, 107][Megemont, 177-178][Gienger, 85]
· Tiger’s Eye is traditionally used to heal disorders of the eyes and throat, and to improve night vision. It eases issues of the stomach and gall bladder, and dissolves constrictions. It may also be used to strengthen alignment of the spine and stimulate the repair of broken bones. [Melody, 647][Hall, 289][Hall 101, 204][Eason, 107]
· Tiger’s Eye utilizes Fire energy, the energy of enthusiasm, warmth, brightness, illumination and activity.
· It is Yang in nature.
· It is the energy of heat, action, emotion and passion - of ideas, of concepts, and sex.
· It is traditionally associated with the south area of a home or room, and with the fame and reputation area of your dwelling.
· Use its energy to give your life the boost it needs to enhance your standing in the community and within your family.
Tiger’s eye protects the wearer. Be brave in your fashion statements with a beautiful tiger eye ring or pendant. The unique design of this stone is the perfect way to stand out, a great conversation piece for those that like to share a good story! Be bold and daring with tiger’s eye.
· Tiger’s eye should be cleaned with a mild solution of warm soapy water.
· An ultrasonic or steam cleaner may be used to clean the gemstone.
· Care should be taken to avoid harsh chemicals, perfumes, or hairspray as tiger’s eye is sensitive to some acids.
· Tiger’s eye should be stored separately from other gemstones with a soft cloth or fabric-lined box.