Citrine, also known as Sunela/सुनेला are in Hindi, is a semi-precious gemstone from the mineral family quartz. It comes in yellow to brown in color and is the Rashi Ratna of Sagittarius and Pisces.
According to Astrology Citrine is the birthstone for Sagittarius (Dhanu) and Pisces (Meen) and it helps in strengthening the most powerful Jupiter planet (Guru or Brihaspati). Generally Citrine is worn as a substitute for Yellow Sapphire (Pukhraj) Gemstone and it brings overall good health and wealth.
Vedic Astrology's detailed analysis as per horoscope ascendance and birth chart are available here : +91-9784933600
Relax, if you cannot do the Pran pratishtha procedure of the gemstone by yourself, we at MyRatna will do it for you according to the genuine Vedic Scriptures at no cost.
To revitalize the gemstone dip it in salty water for 1 hour in every three months and again wear according to the above mentioned time.
Seamless happiness, laughter, success and good luck in life are the main benefits of Citrine wearer. As Citrine (Sunela) gemstone is symbolic to planet Jupiter (Guru), it gives immense growth in the educational sector like students, teachers, Scholars etc. For higher education and specialization courses, Citrine create auspicious timings which help in removing obstacles to the success. It also helps in curing obesity related issues and liver alignment. Citrine helps women in conceiving, thus helping childless couples.
NOTE : Prices may vary according to the scope of availability of the rough in nature and market as well as Government Policies.
Mainly three things are considered while deciding quality of Citrine gemstones namely cut, color and clarity. To attain maximum astrological effects of Citrine, it should have high clarity and transparency. The color should be pure and uniform varying from mid yellow to Brown. Citrine stone should not be chemically treated.
According to the latest technological advancement the Science of Symmetry is followed by MyRatna to harness all the natural benefits of the gemstone.
Citrine Stone Product Specifications :-
Citrine commonly known as Sunela is basically a Quartz mineral species gemstone which comes in shades of yellow colour.
Citrine Product Properties:
Chemical composition :- SiO2 (Silicon dioxide)
Crystal System :- Trigonal
Crystal Habit :- Prismatic
Cause of Colour :- Iron
Hardness :- 7 on Mohs scale
Specific Gravity :- 2.65
Refractive Index :- 1.544 - 1.553
Origin :- India, Australia, China, Russia, USA, Africa, Sri Lanka, Brazil.
Click on any image below to enlarge
Know Your Gemstone
" Citrine "
Citrine is rare in nature and is one of the most popular yellow gems in the market. It’s an attractive, durable and affordable alternative not only for topaz, but also for yellow sapphire. The finest citrine color is a saturated yellow to reddish orange free of brownish tints.
Brazil, Madagascar, Africa, France, Spain and Russia are top production sites of Citrine around the world.
ATTRIBUTES, FACTS AND BENEFITS
· The name citrine comes from the old French word “citrin,” which means lemon.
· Citrine belongs to the quartz group of gemstones
· Also known as the Light Maker, Merchant’s stone and Success Stone.
· It teaches how to attract and manifest wealth.
“Shopkeepers have been known to keep this gem near their cash registers in order to maximize profits.”
· Citrine is often used as a birthstone of November (along with topaz) and it is the official 13th wedding anniversary gemstone. It is also considered the official stone of Virgo.
· This joyful stone is believed to bring good fortune and prosperity in life.
· Citrine has actually earned the nickname of 'the merchant's stone', owing to the fact that many businesses will keep citrine in their cash registers for good fortune.
· It clears the aura, and promotes wellness in totality.
· It possesses the inherent spiritual characteristics which induces positive energy and reduces depression in the life of wearer.
· It leads to psychic growth with enhanced clarity, personal power and self confidence.
“Citrine carries the power of the sun with it, and hence is considered as the premier stone of imagination, will, and expression.”
· Citrine is an outstanding crystal for overpowering the troubles of depression, criticism, and sensitivity by inspiring originality and self-expression. It helps the wearer in letting go of his past and moving forward to grab better things and opportunities in life.
· Citrine became more popular during the Romantic Period which was an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe toward the end of the 18th century.
· Get the most out of Citrine crystal healing properties by programming it with an intention. On a cellular level, the structure of gemstones is made up of repeated patterns of atoms, which makes them powerful energy amplifiers. When you program Citrine with a specific intention, the stone is listening and will work for you whenever you need its support and guidance.
“It helps in eliminating the negative energy and improves the self-esteem and confidence of the person possessing this gem. Astrologers suggest this gemstone for those in creative field like journalism, media and entertainers etc. as it improves the creativity of the wearer. And also for those who are entrepreneurs or planning to be one as it bumps up the wealth and material growth.”
· It is believed to raise one’s mood and encourage happiness and laughter.
· Not only is this gemstone associated with wealth, but it can also improve one’s health. Citrine is believed to help the heart, kidney, digestive tract, liver, and muscles.
· It is also helpful in strengthening the immune system and boosting metabolism.
Citrine in Feng Shui
· In Feng Shui, it is considered as wealth stone. It is recommended that you keep the citrine gemstone in the wealth corner of your house i.e., Southeast.
· You can also place it at the center of your house to bring energy, light, and cheerfulness into your home and life. Use it to energize and vitalize your home.
· You can also place a citrine gem tree in the southern part of your living room. It invites joy and happiness in relationships by eliminating discord in the family.
Citrine Gemstone and Jewelry Care and Cleaning
· Citrine, like all quartz, is considered to be very durable.
· Take caution by not wearing or storing other gems near each other, especially when engaging in vigorous physical activities like sports, exercise or even household chores.
· Clean your citrine using a mild soap and warm water.
· You can wipe gemstones using a soft cloth or brush. Be sure to rinse them well to remove any soapy residue.
· As with almost all colored stones, harsh chemicals are not recommended, especially bleach and acid.
· Ultrasonic cleaners are typically considered safe for citrine, but steamers should be avoided due to citrine's sensitivity to heat.
· Avoid prolonged exposure to direct light or extreme temperature conditions.
· When storing citrine gemstones, wrap them in a soft cloth and place them inside a fabric-lined box.