Free Shipping Within India
ISO Authorized Lab Certificate with every order
Customer Support 9125034444
Violet-blue Iolite is the uparatana / उपरत्न for Blue Sapphire. It is also known as Neeli in sacred texts and as Kaka Neeli / काका नीली in other languages. In Sanskrit, this gem is known as Shani Priya which means Much Loved by Saturn. Known for showing a unique optical property called pleochroism it is a violet-blue coloured, semi-precious gemstone from the Cordierite mineral family. Since its impact is considered quite profound and powers equivalent to the Blue Sapphire (Neelam), it is worn to achieve financial stability, professional success, and mental strength. Iolite is also used for Crystal healing and Chakra healing in the crown Chakra.
Like how we mentioned above, Iolite means Shani Priya (or much loved by Saturn) and is thus linked with the planet Saturn. Hence this gemstone is recommended by astrologers to gain benefit from planet Saturn. Astrologically it is recommended for people undergoing the phase of phase of ‘Shani-Saadsaati’ or ‘Mahadasha’ or ‘Shani Ki Dhasa’.
Vedic Astrology's detailed analysis as per horoscope ascendance and birth chart are available here: +91-9784933600
Iolite (Kaka Neeli / काका नीली) Suits You or Not!
Re-Charge your Iolite with natural elements: Many of us wear rings and pendants with gemstones but not everyone gets the result out of them or sometimes the undesired. So, we like to share some tips to recharge your gemstones likely to keep on getting the positive results out of the gemstones for longer time.
NOTE: Take a glass bowl -> add Holy Water and rock salt ->dip Iolite in it -> keep it in front of the idol of Lord Shiva for whole Saturday night ->On Sunday morning wash the stone and wear it again ->follow the ritual every month.
Day-Time :- 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM in the morning hours and 1:30 PM to 4:15 PM during the daytime on Saturdays.
Metal :- Silver is highly recommended; Ashtadhatu can also be used.
Weight :- Ideally, the weight of Iolite which should be worn is calculated according to your body weight. (15 – 18 kgs of body weight denotes 1 carat). So let's say your body weight is x kgs so the weight of Iolite stone should at least be x/18 carat.
Note :- Minimum weight should be 1/10th of the body weight approx.
How to Wear :-
After the ring or pendant is prepared in silver, ashtadhatu the procedure to wear it should be followed as below:-
Place the ring in a metal bowl. Add gangaajal, raw cow milk, honey, tulsi leaves and ghee. Recite “Om Shan Shanishcharay Namah” (ऊँ शं शनैश्चराय नमः) (9 times) and immediately remove the ring, clean it with water and wear it on the working hand middle finger.
Relax, if you cannot do the Pran pratishtha procedure of the gemstone by yourself, we at MyRatna will do it for you according to the genuine Vedic Scriptures at no cost.
To revitalize the gemstone dip it in salty water for 1 hour in every three months and again wear according to the above mentioned time.
Many reasons like size, origin, quality (colour, clarity and cut) contribute in deciding the price of Iolite stone. Currently, its price in India ranges from Rs 150 per carat to around Rs 2,000 per carat depending upon the quality and size of the Iolite Stone. Because of the variance in demand and supply cycle, the prices may vary in other countries like USA, UK etc.
PLEASE NOTE:- In India, the unit Ratti is commonly used to express Gemstone Weights (e.g. Iolite stone price per ratti). So some people try to take advantage of unaware customers who are not knowledgeable about how the conversion from Ratti to carat works.
NOTE : Prices may vary according to the scope of availability of the rough in nature and market as well as Government Policies.
Origin:- The Indian subcontinent not only the biggest producer of a majority of good quality Iolite gems but they are also the most highly valued Lolites in the gemstone industry. They are characterised by the most enchanting blue colour and appealing lustre.
Colour:- Two major factors which define the value of Iolite gemstones are the colour tone and saturation. For instance, if a gem is uniformly saturated and soft medium violet-blue then that Iolite gemstone is considered very valuable and excellent. However, if an Iolite gemstone is excessive dark (with inky strains) or too pale on the other hand, it is considered comparatively less precious.
Clarity:- The presence of visible impurities, scratches or pits often reduces the price of Iolite gemstone in the market and so crystal clear Iolite gemstone with remarkable transparency carries a higher value than the ones containing inclusions.
Cut:- Cut and shape also bear an influence on the overall value of Iolite. Highly faceted (cushion, square, trillion cut) Iolite usually demand a higher value than oval and round Iolite stones due to the gemstone loss incurred in the cutting process. One can go for Iolite cabochons (non-faceted, polished gems) in case they are looking for a cheaper option.
Carat Weight:- Top-quality Iolite in big sizes is rarely found in nature. Therefore, Iolite price per carat increases substantially for stones above few carats.
Neeli gemstone is both attractive and affordable and is used for multiple purposes. When purchasing Iolite, the quality of a blue Iolite gemstone is decided by its origin, colour, clarity and cut.
According to the latest technological advancement the Science of Symmetry is followed by MyRatna to harness all the natural benefits of the gemstone.
Iolite Stone Product Specifications :-
Iolite commonly known as Kaka Neeli is basically a cordierite mineral species gemstone which comes in blue to violet blue colours.
Blue Sapphire Product Properties:
Chemical composition :- Mg2 Al4 Si5O18 replaced by Fe (complex silicate of magnesium and aluminium)
Crystal System :- Orthorhombic.
Crystal Habit :- Short, prismatic.
Cause of colour :- Iron
Hardness :- 7 - 7.5
Specific Gravity :- 2.57 - 2.66
Refractive Index :- 1.53 - 1.54 to 1.54 -1.55
Inclusions :- Iron platelets seen in bloodshot iolite and the red colour is due to hematite or goethite.
Origin :- India, Sri Lanka, Burma, Madagascar, Namibia, Tanzania, Brazil.
Click on any image below to enlarge
For further support, please feel free to reach our gem specialist who will help you with all your queries.
KNOW YOUR GEMSTONE
" Iolite(Neeli/Kakaneeli) "
Iolite exhibits unique visual property called pleochroism.. This gemstone is much loved my planet Saturn(Shani) and is It is the Gem that is the favourite of the spouse of Lord Saturn and hence also referred to as Shanipriya- Literally meaning loved by Lord Saturn.
The stone is also found in alluvial deposits as small, transparent, waterworn pebbles in Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and India. Other places include Namibia, Tanzania and the Northwest territories of Canada. Crystals are found in Germany, Norway, and Finland, Madagascar, the United States, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Brazil.
ATTRIBUTES, BENEFITS and FUN FACTS
· Iolite is the gemstone for the twenty-first wedding anniversary.
· The name "iolite" comes from the Greek word for violet.
“It is the Gemstone of Higher ideals, values, knowledge, realization and higher consciousness as it directly impacts the crown chakra.”
· It is a Gemstone that is used in Insomnia. It is a positive impact on the sleep cycle, biorhythm and improves the quality of rest and sleep.
· For those inclined towards occult, astral travel, out of body experiences Iolite Gemstone is very helpful as it fine tunes the intuition and heightens the perceptive powers that will enhance the intuition.
· It provides protection from diseases boosts immunity and give strength to one Aura and auric field.
· It balances the male-female energies also known as Yin and Yang energies. It removes nervousness and increases objectivity in an Individual.
· Iolite directs one to stability, independence and resolve.
· It also aids in de-addiction and alcoholism and removes toxins from key energy centres of the body.
· It also helps in regeneration of the liver by providing required amount of energy.
· It is a very good gemstone for those involved in intense physical activity such as sportsmen and athletes.
· Wearing of Iolite gemstone solve the finance problem as well as it make body healthy by protect from bulk of diseases like sinus, brain tumour, glands problem, breath problem, malaria fever, eye related problem etc.it improves sleep imbalances and make sharp memory.
“It develops various qualities in wearer like leadership, vision, confidence, prosperity, strength etc.”
· Like sapphire and tanzanite, its fellow blue gemstones, iolite is pleochroic- meaning it transmits light differently when viewed from different directions.
· By observing the sky through iolites, the Viking navigators were able to locate the exact position of the sun on overcast days. Iolite does what a Polaroid does- it cancels out haze, mist, and clouds to make things appear clearer. In fact, the stone has been called the "Viking's Compass."
· Legends describe iolite as a way to strengthen one's eyesight.
· There are also many emotional attributes to the stone. Iolite has been said to enhance curiosity and achievement, guiding one through spiritual growth.
· It has also been said to overcome co-dependency with a partner.
· It brings friendliness and higher, purer thoughts, promotes charity and helpfulness.
“The stone awakens our hunger for the love of our whole self, aiding in accepting ourselves. Once we can accept ourselves truly, we come to understand that our level of self-acceptance reflects in our relationships with others.”
· In terms of taking care of your iolite, do not use a steamer or ultrasonic cleaner on it.
· It is also important to avoid exposure of the stone to any type of chemicals, heat, or scratches.
· The best way to clean your iolite is using a solution of mild dish soap, warm water, and a soft brush.
Connect with our Gem Experts Now.