Zircon (Jarkan/जरकन) is a beautiful gemstone that has been valued for centuries. It's an entirely distinct, natural species of the Nesosilicates mineral family that is found in different colour variations such as white (colourless) blue, red, yellow, orange, green, etc. Colourless Zircon is considered the original diamond simulant. It is regarded as December month birthstone. The colourless variety when properly cut, can make convincing diamond substitutes and even outshine ordinary diamonds.
Astrologically, Zircon (meaning ‘Zarkan/जरकन’, ‘Jargon’ or ‘Jarkan Ratan’ in Hindi) is connected with the planet Venus. Therefore, astrologers believe that a Zircon stone can be worn to strengthen weakly placed Venus in an individual’s horoscope. It can also help the individual to gain mental peace, good health, a positive attitude, and marital harmony.
Time & Day :- Friday, Morning 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM during.
Metal :- Astrologers strongly advise Silver, White/Yellow Gold and Platinum.
Weight & Size :- Ideally, the weight of natural Zircon which should be worn is calculated according to your body weight. (15- 18 kgs of body weight denotes 1 carat). So let's say if your body weight is 50 kgs so the weight of Zircon stone should at least be 50/15= 3.33 carat.
Note : Minimum weight should be 1/10th of the body weight approx.
How to Wear :- It is strongly recommended to wear the Pendant/ Bracelet / Ring on the Madhyma (Middle Finger).
After the ring, pendant or bracelet is prepared, the procedure to wear it should be followed as below:-
Place the ring in a metal bowl. Add gangaajal, raw cow milk, honey, tulsi leaves and ghee. Recite ॐ शुं शुक्राय नमः | ‘Om Shun Shukraye Namah’ (9 times) and immediately remove the jewellery article, clean it with water and wear it.
Relax, if you cannot do the Pran pratishtha procedure of the gemstone by yourself, we at MyRatna will do it for you according to the genuine Vedic Scriptures at no cost.
To revitalize the gemstone dip it in salty water for 1 hour in every three months and again wear according to the above mentioned time.
Since ancient times, this natural Zircon gemstone is considered highly effective for the individuals wearing it. Some of the major benefits are:
Generally, the prices depend on various factors like cut, transparency, colour, carat weight etc. as described below:
NOTE : Prices may vary according to the scope of availability of the rough in nature and market as well as Government Policies.
Since Zircon can be used as a replacement for diamond and white sapphire, it has always been in high demand. Hence, it becomes essential for the buyers to keep these points in mind while purchasing from an online store or a local dealer.
We at MyRatna believe in providing only the best quality gemstones which carry the perfect cut and clarity.
Natural Zircon Stone Product Specifications :-
Natural Zircon commonly known as Zarkan is basically a zircon mineral species gemstone which comes in different colours such as Colourless, blue, orange, red, yellow, golden brown, green and shades of green.
Natural Zircon Product Properties :-
Chemical composition :- Zr SiO4(Silicate of zirconium)
Crystal System :- Tetragonal
Crystal Habit :- Prismatic
Hardness :- 7 - 7.5. Low type : 6. High type : 7 - 7.5
Specific Gravity :- Low type : 3.90 - 4.10
High type : 4.67 - 4.70
Refractive Index :- Low type : 1.790 - 1.810
High type : 1.925 - 1.984
Inclusions :- Needle like inclusions, crystals, zoning.
Origin :- India, Sri Lanka, Burma, France, Norway, Australia, Thailand.
Click on any image below to enlarge
KNOW YOUR GEMSTONE
Zircon crystals grow in many different types of rock and possess a range of optical and physical properties. It is a beautiful transparent gemstone that occurs in array of colors including yellow, brown, orange, violet, green, blue, red and occasionally colorless which makes it a favorite among collectors as well as informed consumers.
Gem-quality crystals are usually found as pebbles in alluvial deposits. Cambodia, Burma, Sri Lanka (where zircon has been mined over 2,000 years), Australia, Tanzania, Pakistan, Brazil, Vietnam, Nigeria, and Afghanistan. The largest zircon gems are from S. E. Asia gem gravels. Asia is famous for the mining of Gem Zircon; Australia is famous for the mining of Industrial Zircon.
ATTRIBUTES, BENEFITS and FACTS
· The name Zircon comes from the Persian “zargoon” meaning vermillion or golden colored (in earlier times, zircon was called "hyacinth" originating from Greek hyakinthos).
“Zircon is popularly known for its high diffusion and interestingly, it was used to emulate diamonds for many years”
· It is also believed to possess certain characteristics which act in a positive manner to attract the vibes of wisdom, wealth, self confidence and self esteem.
· Zircon is also associated with feelings of love and happiness and is believed to being joy and satisfaction to the wearer.
· Zircon helps in gaining clear thinking, clear aura along with mental sharpness.
· It brings love, happiness and harmony and also has a positive impact on the beauty of the body.
· Medically, zircon is believed to regulate diabetes and illness of the reproductive system.
· Zircon makes the wearer inquisitive and increases their interest in science and in the knowledge of the truth.
· It removes all the evil and fearful thoughts and builds up the self-confidence.
· It has the capacity of providing the relief in the respiratory tract problems.
· It protects the wearer from the nightmares and helps in getting a good sleep.
· It is considered as a very good crystal for marital life.
· The zircon is a very beautiful stone that contains many powers. It is a tough stone, and is not easily broken, which is partly why there are many myths surrounding it powers.
· Throughout history, this powerful gemstone has been held as a powerful talisman against poisons and evil powers.
· In some parts of Asia, it was believed that the wearer would be safe from various poisons including snake bites.
“Wearing a zircon meant that one could attract wealth and prestige. Also, the wearer of a zircon would be able to grow in knowledge and wisdom. They would be held in high regard and welcomed at all places. No wonder this gemstone was highly sought after and extremely valuable.”
· The zircon was also believed to hold medicinal properties. Some believed that it could protect against diseases such as jaundice or dropsy. For those suffering from insomnia or sleep-related disorders, the zircon would assist them to rest peacefully. In Europe, it was widely believed that this gemstone could indicate if there was disease nearby by changing colour if within a certain distance of a person suffering from fever or plague. One can imagine how useful this would have been, especially at a time when Europe was ravaged by plague.
Zircon Gemstone Jewelry Care and Cleaning
· Zircon is rather durable with its good hardness and indistinct cleavage, but its brittle tenacity can cause fractures and chips, especially along facet edges requiring extra care when setting, cleaning or wearing.
· Avoid steamers or ultrasonic cleaners when cleaning zircon gems and jewelry, particularly with stones that may have been color-enhanced.
· Avoid the use of harsh cleaning chemicals or agents, especially bleach and acid.
· You can wipe down stones using a soft cloth or brush and a mild soap or detergent if needed.
· Be sure to rinse your stones well using warm or room-temperature water to remove soapy residue.
· Always remove jewelry when engaging in any type of physical activity, including household chores, exercise or sports.
· It is best to store gems and jewelry separately from one another to prevent scratches and fractures.
· When storing zircon gemstones, it is best to wrap them in a soft cloth or place them inside a fabric-lined box.