Peridot (known as Zabarjad/जबरज़ाद in Hindi), a gem-quality magnesium iron silicate, is one of the few gemstones that occur in only one color an olive-green.
Peridot is the birthstone for the month of August and of Libra sun sign, and is ruled by Mercury & Venus. Usually, Peridot is used as an astrological substitute for Emerald Gemstone, and it has in-numerable spiritual and healing benefits for its wearer.
Normally, Silver is used for Peridot ring, pendant or bracelet. Gold, Panch dhatu & astha dhatu can also be used for making Peridot rings, pendant or bracelet.
Visit My Ratna for a wide and latest variety of Peridot rings, pendants & bracelets made from finest silver.
Relax, if you cannot do the Pran pratishtha procedure of the gemstone by yourself, we at MyRatna will do it for you according to the genuine Vedic Scriptures at no cost.
To revitalize the gemstone dip it in salty water for 1 hour in every three months and again wear according to the above mentioned time.
Throughout history, there have been many legends that state the strong magical power that peridot possesses. Legend says that if the gem is set in gold, it will develop its full potential as a talisman and will have the power to dispel terrors of the night- fears and bad dreams. However, according to Pliny The Elder, the Great Roman authority on such matters, for peridot to work their strongest magic, they must be worn on the right arm.
NOTE : Prices may vary according to the scope of availability of the rough in nature and market as well as Government Policies.
Peridot gemstone should have minimum visible inclusions and the color should be uniform and pure. An unheated and chemically untreated Natural Peridot Gemstone should be considered for astrological proposal.
According to the latest technological advancement the Science of Symmetry is followed by MyRatna to harness all the natural benefits of the gemstone.
Peridot Stone Product Specifications :-
Peridot commonly known as Zabarjad is basically a Peridot mineral species gemstone which comes in different shades of green colour.
Peridot Product Properties:
Chemical Composition :- Mg2SiO4 - Fe2SiO4 (Magnesium silicate(forrsterite) and iron silicate (fayalite)).
Crystal System :- Orthorhombic.
Crystal Habit :- Prismatic.
Cause of colour :- Iron and nickel.
Hardness :- 6.5 on Mohs scale.
Specific Gravity :- 3.34.
Refractive Index :- 1.654 - 1.690.
Inclusions :- Lilypad (biotite grains), doubling of back facets.
Origin :- St. John Isle, Burma, Norway, Mexico, Hawaii.
Click on any image below to enlarge
KNOW YOUR GEMSTONE
The olive green gemstone is found in lava, meteorites and deep in earth’s mantle.
Peridot(pronounced pair-uh-doe) is the gem variety of the mineral olivine. Its chemical composition includes iron and magnesium, and iron is the cause of its attractive yellowish green colors. The gem often occurs in volcanic rocks called basalts, which are rich in these two elements
Created from the intense inferno of volcanoes, Peridot is believed to be a gift from Mother Nature and considered a symbol of the yearly renewal of the planet along with various astrological benefits.
ATTRIBUTES, BENEFITS and FACTS
· Red Sea island of Zabargad, the source for many large fine peridots in the world’s museums.
· Some natural green gems can be confused with peridots, including and demantoid . Gemologists can distinguish the properties of these gems fairly easily. However, you’re more likely to find peridots presented as and demantoids than vice versa, due to their greater value.
“It cured cowardice, calmed anger, as well as brightening the wit. Peridot is still celebrated for those virtues, protecting the aura, purifying the physical and subtle bodies, and alleviating emotional burdens, guilt and obsessions.”
· Peridot has been long considered to be an aid to friendship and supposedly . It is also supposed to protect the wearer from the evil eye. Other legends credit peridot with bringing happiness and good cheer, attracting lovers, and strengthening the eyes.
“Often called the study stone, Peridot crystal healing properties are also known to increase mental focus by making the mind more receptive to learning new things.”
· Peridot promotes responsibility and forgiveness, instilling confidence in one’s own abilities and reestablishing a sense of self-worth
· Peridot allows one to connect to higher realms of consciousness in order to quiet spiritual fears, such as guilt, regret, or feelings of karmic debt. It empowers one to take responsibility and make amends in order to move forward in one’s evolutionary path.
· Taking a cue from regal legends, wear Peridot jewelry and attract love into your life when you place it near your heart.
· It aids in physical detoxification and helps problems with the kidneys, bladder, gall bladder, and the stomach. Peridot heals such illnesses as ulcers, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome. It is also useful in helping to heal insect bites. Peridot has a tonic effect- it heals and regenerates tissues, strengthens the metabolism and benefits the skin. It aids the heart, thymus, lungs, and spleen.
· It is said that Peridot stones are good healers of diseases related to lungs, breasts, intestinal tract, spleen and lymph.
· When worn as an amulet, Peridot stones are good for asthma and sinus. They have their nursing powers which have given magical effects on eye, stomach, thyroid, liver and other body parts.
· Peridot is also very beneficial when it comes to treating psychological afflictions as well. It is a wonderful stone to help someone who is going through depression. It is a stone of lightness that counters the effects of negative emotions. It has the ability to balance the process of emotional release and detoxifies negative emotions, bringing them to comfortable levels. Peridot fosters emotional balance, security, and inner peace. It soothes nervousness, heals emotional and physical pain, and lightens suffering.
CHAKRA HEALING : Peridot opens, cleanses and activates the heart, which can help one to release old baggage. All burdens, guilt and obsessions become cleared and a new psychological clarity and feeling of well-being begin. Peridot teaches that holding onto the past is counter productive. It shows you how to detach yourself from outside influences and how to look to your own higher energies for guidance. It assists in moving forward rapidly in therapeutic situations. It also helps you understand your destiny and spiritual purpose, helping you attain your full potential. All in all, the stone sharpens the mind and opens it to new levels of awareness.
Peridot is an extraordinary crystal for healing the emotional body and resolving matters of the heart. It cleanses and heals hurt feelings and “bruised egos,” lessening anger, jealousy, resentment and spite, while teaching one to understand that holding onto people, or the past, is counterproductive to one’s growth. It teaches one to examine the past for the gift of the experiences, admit mistakes and let go of guilt and blame, forgiving oneself, or others, in order to move forward. [Melody, 478-479][Hall, 212-213][101 Hall, 150][Gienger, 67][Raphaell, 150][Lembo, 249]
· Anger is an emotion peridot has been known to be very beneficial for. The stone calms the nervous system, helping to dissolve emotional tensions and bringing balance to the system. It actually attracts love and calms raging anger from within. It alleviates jealousy, resentment, and spite, and reduces stress.
· The peridot stone can be extremely beneficial to those who are having self-esteem problems. The stone enhances confidence and assertion without aggression. It helps a person see their own light and recognize that they are deserving of love. It assists in looking back to the past at negative experiences, and shows a person how to forgive himself.
· It also helps those who feel they have little personal power as working with the stone or keeping one with you will give you that extra boost you might need.
· It is stimulating to one’s energy level, promoting vitality both physiologically and psychologically. It is invigorating and rejuvenating, promoting access to ones inner vision and joy.
· It helps people in understanding relationships and their values. Since this stone is related to happiness, love and truth, it instills a sense of truthfulness in people and makes them think in a rational way.
· They are known to alleviate anger, fear, depression, nervousness, anxiety, and jealousy.
· Peridot is the stone of love and is known to foster love.
· Peridot also has other psychological effects and uses. It can help one overcome hypochondria. It can greatly improve difficult relationships. It treats phobias, particularly those associated with fears of the dark, becoming like a security blanket to a small child. Peridot represents wealth and financial success (think of its green hue) and also attracts romance.
· Peridot utilizes Wood energy, the energy of growth, expansion, new beginnings, nourishment and health.
· It enhances vitality, brings abundance, and keeps us growing physically.
· Use green crystals to enhance any space used for eating, in the room of a small child, or in a place of your home where you are beginning a new project.
· Wood energy is traditionally associated with the East and Southeast areas of a home or room.
· It is associated with the Family and Health area, and the Prosperity and Abundance area.
· The best and safest way for you to clean your peridot, is with warm, soapy water.
· You should take special care of your peridot to ensure that it does not come in contact with drastic temperature changes, which can damage the stone.
· You should also protect your stone from scratches and sharp blows and avoid any contact with chemicals.
· Peridots should not be cleaned in ultrasonic or steam cleaners.