The Blue Sapphire or Neelam is one of the most desired astrological gemstones around the world. It is well known for its strikingly beautiful brilliant blue colors and its fast-acting powers. Although, a person should exercise caution before wearing this gemstone.
Ruled by the planet Saturn, its divine aura exudes a magnificent charm that holds the strength to reduce the malefic effects of Buri Nazar or ‘evil eyes’ over the wearer. This makes the Blue Sapphire a tricky gemstone because the effects of Saturn can make or break one’s life.
Vedic astrology states that Neelam stone has a calming effect on the mind, body, and soul. It is credited for making the lives of the wearer better with the help of its cosmic healing properties.
Significance of the Blue Sapphire
- According to Vedic Astrology, gemstones have the power to unlock chakras. Each gemstone has a certain color and frequency that resonates and amplifies the power of any particular chakra so that that it may unlock one’s potential to the fullest and make them receptive to cosmic vibrations.
- The Blue Sapphire famously evokes and stimulates the vital chakras to promote healing at the core of its body. It can connect one with their third eye and help the wearer with the flow of their thoughts, ideas, and perceptions.
- In ancient times, the Blue Sapphire was used to cure eye-related ailments. Depending on where it is worn, it eliminates speech impediments and delivers instant relief to chronic problems such as headaches, nosebleeds, and fevers.
Importance of the Blue Sapphire
- One of the main benefits of the Blue Sapphire is that it brings clarity to the mind. For people who are bogged down, frustrated, cluttered; this gemstone will help the wearer get the peace of mind they desire.
- When a person dons Neelam, the magic can be experienced almost instantaneously.
- Within the span of a day, the benefits of Blue Sapphire come to light. This gemstone brings about an improvement in the wearer’s fortune, luck, career pathway, and most importantly – opportunities. It is a stone that can remove hindrances and let the energies flow unhindered throughout the body and mind.
Benefits of Wearing Blue Sapphire Stone are:
- Helps boost metabolism
- Provides mental relief and enhances mental strength
- Protection from evil nazar and hexes
- Improves decision-making
- Soothes the senses and help gain self–control
- Removes negativity and unknown fears
- Gives a positive financial boost
- All results are attained very quickly
- Lessens fatigue
- Improves focus and concentration
- Helps manage digestion better
Side Effects of the Blue Sapphire
The best part about Neelam is also its worst. The Blue Sapphire’s fast-acting properties make it a life-changing gemstone but one can either reach the heavens or fall directly from grace, it depends on how Saturn affects the wearer.
The Blue Sapphire must be free from flaws. Those wearing a Neelam without seeking authentic Vedic astrological recommendation are prone to see the havoc this fast-acting gen causes.
Is the Blue Sapphire right for you?
Types of Blue Sapphire
The different types of the Blue Sapphire gemstone vary based on their origin, color, clarity, cut, weight, tint, hue, and various other such parameters.
1. Kashmir Blue Sapphire
– Known to be the best in the world for their medium to dark tones, their mining was discontinued in Kashmir in 1938.
2. Burma Blue Sapphire
– The distinct ‘Electric Blue Colour’ is characteristic of the Burmese Blue Sapphires. They are renowned for their clarity.
Sri Lanka proves to be the third-best source of Blue Sapphire gemstones. They are highly valued for jewellery.
4. Thailand Blue Sapphire
– Mostly mined in the regions of Chanthaburi and Kanchanaburi, they naturally occur in greenish-blue to dark-blue colors.
5. Australia Blue Sapphire
– Derived from Australia’s crust, these gemstones as inky blue in color and are usually used to produce lighter sapphires (with the help of heat treatment) for jewellery-making purposes.
The Blue Sapphire channelizes, aligns, and amplifies the chakras. When used in the right manner, this gemstone can be very fruitful for its wearer. Although, always buy your Blue Sapphire after consulting with an experienced astrologer.